Why Scott Kelby really switched to Canon

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Miike Dougherty
Regular MemberPosts: 270Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Scott Kelby really switched to Canon
In reply to Kirk Tuck, 11 months ago

Kirk Tuck wrote:

Kinda mean and maybe not true to say that Mr. Kelby changed because of money. As a working pro and a system changer I would say he just got bored and wanted to try something new. Everything else is a rationalization.

-- hide signature --

Austin based advertising and portrait photographer, and author of the book series, Minimalist Lighting, and the books: Commercial Photographers Handbook, Photographic Lighting Equipment, and, LED Lighting for Digital Photographers. www.kirktuck.com

There is a video on Scott's web site explaining why he switched.  He actually makes a pretty good case, with details, why he switched, especially for sports.  I do a lot of football and surfing photography and white lenses still out number black lenses 10 to 1.  My big concern is that some of the photographers I admire most are shooting with Canon and I can't help but believe that they are influencing Canon on their future models.  I shoot Nikon and I'm pretty sure they don't listen to their users since I'm still waiting for a D400.  Even Pentax with the K3 has figured it out.

Miike Dougherty's gear list:Miike Dougherty's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sony a77 II Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM | C Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow