So the XT1 will be weather proof and 1300$+. Would you take it out in the rain or snow ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
afragisk
Contributing MemberPosts: 765
Like?
So the XT1 will be weather proof and 1300$+. Would you take it out in the rain or snow ?
8 months ago

Of course, with a weather sealed lens like the upcoming 18-135. Just curious to know or find out what other use cases such a weather proof camera might have. I've heard beach for example. What does this mean ? If the camera gets sand on it, would you wash it with water or a damp cloth ? Finally, would the warranty cover water or humidity damage ? Although Fuji does make other weather sealed cameras, like the recent bridge camera they released, this is still their first iteration on a digital ILC camera.

Although I've owned the weather sealed canon 60D, I've never even considered putting its weather sealing under any stress (note I only paid 800$ for it, new). Trying to educate myself and maybe others too, thx.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/apollonas/
Fuji XE-2, Canon FD 50 1.2L + SB, Fuji 27mm 2.8, Fuji 23mm 1.4, Bower 8mm 2.8

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YesNew
yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow