EXR Confusion not fully resolved

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
jimoyer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,634Gear list
Like?
Re: EXR Confusion not fully resolved
In reply to jeffsvisions, 8 months ago

jeffsvisions wrote:

I'm a new Fuji user x10. After reading all the reply’s to the OP question I for one am more Confused about the exr than I was before I read all this.

-- hide signature --

The best picture is the one you take.
Jeff

I'd listen to whatever Kim says.

Beyond that, I've found with my X10 that the camera does very well when you allow it to be what it's designed to be....a pretty darn nice point and shoot.  These guys are pushing the technology as far as they can push it, at least as far as it seems to me.

The camera does pretty well on it's own in EXR mode for good available light shooting.  For flash photography I put it in A or P, limit the ISO to 400 Auto, and let the camera do it's thing.

For low light static shooting, I keep Adv set to take a 4 shot composite (really worked great for Christmas lights this year), or EXR for any movement which will bump the ISO, but tends to smudge details.

Beyond any of that, I will shoot my D200 or D7100.  Right tool for the right job IMHO.

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow