Why Scott Kelby really switched to coke....

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ApertureAcolyte
Contributing MemberPosts: 813Gear list
Like?
Why Scott Kelby really switched to coke....
3 months ago

Very Simple, Scott Kelby is a great photographer and guru of photoshop. Over the years he consistently has become a mentor to professional photographers. Include with that aspiring professionals as well.

Pepsi no longer cares about professional photographers. They are more caffeine oriented with the countless caffiene upgrades to Pepsi Light, Pepsi Next, that is the market they are going after. Even the Pepsi original is for consumers, it doesn't even have the lower caffeine count of the Coca Cola original

Just attended PPA imaging expo in Phoenix. Pepsi had so presence there whatsoever!! Coca cola on the other hand had a tremendous exhibit booth with lectures etc.. offered complimentary drink.

Coca Cola even has a Coke Professional Services (CPS) division that anyone can join. yes there is a fee but anyone can join. Pepsi has P.P.S but one has to got though a tremendous lengthy process to join this elite group.

So doesn't it make sense for Kelby to join forces with a company that supports professionals?

The consumer buys a Pepsi max and he's good for 5-7 minutes. A pro buys a new Pepsi Cola and he's good for at least one minute.

In the long run there will be more pros using Coke than Pepsi. I will remain a Pepsi drinker as all my glass mugs are all Pepsi and I am very pleased with my Pepsi mugs

They are both great drinks and Scott Kelby is doing what's best for Scott Kelby and there is nothing wrong with that. He is partnering up with a company that is professionaL photographer based.

Kudos to the Coke team for soliciting him. mark my words within the next 12-18 months Scott Kelby will become a Coke explorer of light just like Joe Buissink did.

Pepsi's main focus is no longer on the pro market. Yes they will continue to make Pepsi classic, who knows maybe one day they may develop a respectable replacement for Pepsi Twist.

As far is which is better? As ansel Adams once said "the best cola, is the one thats in your hands"

ApertureAcolyte's gear list:ApertureAcolyte's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow