Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Larrygol1
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
Pre-owed 5D Mark III and Video
6 months ago

I just bought a pre-owned 5D Mark III from B&H, rated 9+. Testing it out this weekend, it worked great in all ways but one issue has come up that could be troublesome. Before I return the camera, I wanted to ask about it here.

I shot about 4 hours of video on a SanDisk Extreme 16GB 120 MB/s card swapping with another Extreme 60 MB/s card.

After copying the files to my Macbook Pro, I was reviewing the videos using the Mac's "quick look" feature. Two of the 10 videos played with the audio sounding ok, but the video streamed by in the window looking like the attached, which was a screen grab. There was no other video content other than these fast moving verical bands of color and the occasional flash of the person being videoed. When I open these two videos in Quicktime Player, the look and sound perfectly fine.

Could this be a camera issue or more likely a CF card issue? The card was brand new. Possibly an issue of copying from CF to laptop? I've never seen this before. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Larry

Larrygol1's gear list:Larrygol1's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow