Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BoatGuy
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
D610 - what is in there?
10 months ago

At the risk of being labeled a troll, I'm trying to understand what is going on in the Nikon D610 versus the Sony a7.  I was a long time Nikon owner dating back to my first Nikkormat FTN in 1970 through a D300.

I compare the A7 and the D610 and the features are very similar, the most obvious items requiring some bulk are the flash and larger battery.  Both bodies are built of magnesium.  And certainly my D300 was very durable as I dragged it all over the world.

But what is going on in the D610, or what isn't going on in the A7, that makes the D610 almost twice as large?  I'm not trying to start a battle of quality, just trying to understand what makes the Nikon almost twice as large, both dimensionally and by weight.

Thanks for the insights.

-- hide signature --

www.newmorning.info

BoatGuy's gear list:BoatGuy's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D610 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow