Forum ProPosts: 12,725
Like?
Re: It a big business
In reply to MichaelKJ, 11 months ago

MichaelKJ wrote:

PerL wrote:

Juri Janasik wrote:

photomagic711 wrote:

In the long run there will be more pros using Canon than Nikon. I will remain a Nikon shooter as all my lenses are Nikon and I am very pleased with my D4 and D3s.

What percent of camera users are pros?

The percentage of users is one thing, the money spent is another. The pro market is a big business for Nijkon and Canon, that is why they spend so much money on support, marketing, R&D and brings out exotic lenses that few amateurs can afford like the new Canon 200-400 or Nikons 800 5.6

How big and how profitable? While there will always be a professional market, there have been a number of observations that demand for professional services that require exotic equipment is declining.

I don't have any numbers, only common observation, contact with reps etc. A pro camera cost 10x as much as the low end. A pro set with 3 Nikon D4 bodies, 14-24, 24-70,70-200 and 200-400 and 600 mm(which is a set I know is used by a photo agency) costs ....a lot.

Its very possible demand is going down because of the general depression in media.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow