Another bad K-3, what is with this.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 20,417Gear list
Like?
Re: Hahahahahahahaha!!!
In reply to awaldram, 6 months ago

awaldram wrote:
The focus point is half the size the af twice as fast your more likley to miss your target in aps-s and many more in aps-c.

So if you currently shooting portraits with an incorrect focal/distance you will now have soft eyes as previously the large sensor couldn't see eyes or nose but the k3 can so focuses on the nose.

Of cause all hypothetical and I think if you have good technique many potential issues vanish, But I consider myself an above average technical photographer yet I was caught out.

Thanx, that is an important difference.

I try to stay aware of the focus point size, as I have done such misses before. Personally I consider AF a necessary evil. It is quite hard for AF to decide what I want to be sharp. There is also a risk with K-5's larger AF point to lock on the nose, where with the smaller one in K-3 I might be able to catch the eyes only. Hmmm ... maybe using more focus points and using eye detection is the solution.

I am not all that good at C focus, so I avoid it. Maybe should practice, sometimes things are moving. Have not owned any camera where C AF really works though. If I get K-3, that might be the first.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow