ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,988
Like?
All Tamron 1.4X TC's are not equal.
11 months ago

Hi folks,

I have two Tamron-F 1.4X Pz_AF teleconverters, both made in Japan. At first glance these two teleconverters appear identical in every way. However, today I noticed that the camera side of one of them has 7 contacts and the other has 6 contacts (there is no pin #4).

Later I was looking at the reflections as I was holding them under a light. The reflections of the two appear the same except for the final big reflection of the light that is very deep into the glass. One of them shows a large green reflection of the white curly-Q lamp and the other shows it as a large white reflection of the curly-Q lamp.

So, now I am going to have to take some comparison shots to see if one is better than the other. If it ends up that one is better than the other then this might explain why some folks are not happy with the IQ of their particular Tamron-F 1.4X Pz_AF teleconverter.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow