I'm enjoying my new K-3 and wanted to share a few pictures - Great Falls, VA

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Suzy Q15
Senior MemberPosts: 1,985Gear list
Like?
Russel I went to Ace Photo today.
In reply to Russell Evans, 3 months ago

Russell Evans wrote:

Ace Photo out by Dulles is a bit of a hike for me, so I only go out there if I see a new camera bag that I want to check out in person. Incredible bag selection at that store, better than going to B&H or Adorama as you have unfettered access to try your equipment in any bag. Anyway, I know they also carry Pentax gear, you can rent the 645D there, $500 a day, I think, but I haven't been out there for a while so wondering if they now have the K-3? I would like to hold one to try out the new body size and style.

Thank you
Russell

They definitely have the K-3. They even had the K-3 with the 18-135 attached sitting out. I even managed to only buy what was on my list, namely the MeFoto Backpacker. It fits nicely into my overnight bag with room for several changes of clothing. It is very compact. One of the other customers in there said that it's the only tripod he travels with these days. I also stopped to chat about Death Valley with the new management. He'd just been out there and recommended a few areas not to miss, showing me some recent photos. All in all a very pleasant experience.

Suzy Q15's gear list:Suzy Q15's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Samsung NX300 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow