EXR Confusion not fully resolved

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 33,102Gear list
Like?
empirical observation versus dissertation and hair splitting ...
In reply to Timur Born, 10 months ago

Timur Born wrote:

photoreddi wrote:

Yes, it's from Fujifilm's website, but I'm sure that you know that it's wrong. Who do you think created that? Fuji's engineers or someone in Fuji's marketing department, trying to keep from confusing potential customers that are familiar with megapixel sensors but wouldn't know what to make of megaphotosite sensors?

The image was an example of how the word "pixel" is used for sensor photosites, I choose a Fujifilm one, because it fits the topic. You could try googling how much of the web writes "pixels" when they mean a sensor's photosites. Here is a white-paper by Aptina where "pixels" is used, too.

http://www.aptina.com/products/technology/Aptina_Global-Shutter-WhitePaper.pdf

Like I wrote myself, it does cause confusion and is a matter of definition, but it's not like everyone else here has to follow your personal definition.

Long winded dissertations and hair splits have proven over the years to have essentially no illustrative value. And it has become blindingly obvious that no one on this forum really knows as much about how EXR works as they think they know.

Thus, some of us shoot these cameras very well based on empirical observation of results instead ...

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow