Convince me to jump ship Nikon V1 to M4/3!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,544Gear list
Like?
Re: Convince me to jump ship Nikon V1 to M4/3!
In reply to NathanCrisman, 8 months ago

NathanCrisman wrote:

Thanks to all of you for the information & opinions. I really do appriciate the efforts!

it does seem that the gx7 is right up my alley. I'll read that advanced manual today, then start shopping.

The GX7 is excellent, with all the advantages of a compact body, but with virtually the same feature set as the "higher-end" bodies like the GH3 or EM1. There are fewer external control, but everything is there.

obviously I'm going to take a big hit selling my used Nikon 1 gear, hopefully I can sell off some used FX/DX sized stuff still kicking around to take up some of that hit. Funny, I still have a Tarmac rolling suitcase, strong studio type tripods, background studio paper rolls/stands. Should get rid of that stuff!

If you have any Nikon primes you like, especially if they have an aperture ring, give them a try on a M4/3 camera before you sell it. You can get lens adaptors for $20 (http://www.rainbowimaging.biz) that allow you to use nearly any lens ever made!

It's a fantastic ability that often gets overlooked! It can be a heckuva lotta fun, too! Since I got my first m4/3 camera (GH2) 3 years ago, I've actually bought nearly as many Nikon AI-S lenses as I have native M4/3 lenses. Really!

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow