Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
capturef22
Senior MemberPosts: 2,061
Like?
High DR scenes: K-30/K5+ exposure tips?
3 months ago

OK, let me apologize from the outset that you'll have to do a little jumping around to understand my question, but I don't think it will be too bad.

Somehow, I have a few Pentax bodies: my original K5, a K30, and a K5II. They're probably not all staying but I'm still in the sifting and sorting stage. At the end of the day though, this is the generation of bodies I plan to be shooting with for a long time.

I often shoot scenes with high dynamic range. I'm not a huge fan of in-camera HDR images. I will admit that part of the reason for that may be that I don't don't use the feature to optimize the result. I probably should play with it some more. However, I prefer to shoot RAW and work with the image in post-processing.

As you will read in the thread referenced below, I use a less popular post-processing software (ACDSee Pro 6). There are reasons for that, but it's not the point of this thread, nor is changing software likely to be part of my solution. It certainly won't be my starting point.

My question is do you have any Pentax-specific suggestions for exposing images such as the one in this thread ? I got some helpful input regarding generic exposure changes and the use of ND filters. What I'd really appreciate from this forum is advice for using my Pentax bodies to expose these types of images.

Thanks, in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
MikeNew
ememNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow