Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rchan
Regular MemberPosts: 137
Like?
Sony RX100 Stopped Working
6 months ago

I got my Sony RX100 for Christmas 2012. Really like the camera.

Turned it on two days ago and the screen shows  just jibberish and/or the F-stop and shutter speed just blink. Plus, the lens will not retract. I removed the battery, put it back in, etc. Nothing brings the lens back in and I can't use it to take pictures.

I sent the camera to Sony for evaluation and see if they will fix it under warranty since it's only slightly over a year old (one month pass the warranty). Camera has never been dropped; no dents, etc.

Has anyone heard of such a problem with the RX100. Because the RX100 is my primary camera for taking pictures today, I really rely on it. Any comments on Sony repair record.

I'm hoping that Sony will fix the camera and that the camera will work a lot longer. The camera is a technical marvel, but breaking after one year is a bit concerting. I know I can carry another camera for a backup, but really would like to get the RX100 fixed and working again. I still have my old Sony Cybershot DSC-S85 and it still works!

Thanks.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow