Shutter Shock - Size DOES Matter!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
453C
Senior MemberPosts: 4,620Gear list
Like?
Re: Shutter Shock - Sony FF A7R
In reply to Anders W, 6 months ago

Anders W wrote:

Hopefully and probably we will eventually see a "global electronic shutter", i.e., one that can complete reset and readout for the entire frame fast enough to completely replace the mechanical shutter. In the short run, however, I think the most realistic hope is a shutter with an electronic first curtain, such as those already available on some Sony and Canon cameras.

With such a shutter, the two first phases of shutter action on a mirrorless camera (or a DSLR in live view) can be eliminated (shutter closing to reset the sensor, shutter opening for exposure) so that only the two last ones remain (shutter closing for readout, shutter opening to resume live view). Based on the tests I have seen, such a shutter comes close to completely eliminating the shutter shock issue.

baby steps  

453C's gear list:453C's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow