Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tkelly11
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Experience buying a Nikon Df from Panamoz
7 months ago

I started a thread a few weeks back asking for advice on whether the Df would be a suitable purchase and you guys on this forum were really helpful in offering your experience which after much deliberation helped me to taking the plunge and ordering one (I also sold an Olympus 75mm 1.8 and Fuji X10 to lessen the financial blow).

I just wanted to pass on my experience with Panamoz as buying from them makes the Df price seem far more in line with other current FX/FF cameras in the UK. I scoured the web and after reading endless reviews of the two main HK sellers (DigitalRev and Panamoz) that I am aware of I went with Panamoz, they were by far the cheapest. I paid £1624 for the body only, which compared with the UK price, that is a saving of around £1,000. Whilst in most situations I am willing to pay somewhat of a premium for a UK warranty etc, I decided in this specific scenario it was worth the risk. Now this may come back to bite me, who knows. But all I know right now is my Df was ordered Tuesday night, I got a confirmation email immediately followed by another email the next morning saying it was ready for UPS to pick it up. I then was able to track it from HK via Dubai - Cologne - Stansted - Bury St Edmunds all the way to my office in Cambridge on Friday morning! It really was a pain free process.

I have only had a few days to play with the camera but so far I am really impressed and I believe it will compliment what I use my Oly EM5 for nicely. As many have commented, it does take a bit of getting used to and as this is my first Nikon, it is a bit of a learning curve. But so far I am delighted. Will show some photos once I have some worthy of posting.

Thought I would pass this experience on in case anyone else was considering doing similar.

Cheers

Tom

tkelly11's gear list:tkelly11's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +4 more
Fujifilm X10 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow