ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zilver
Contributing MemberPosts: 523Gear list
Like?
Just got the 24-70 FE
10 months ago

Hi all,

Just got the 24-70mm FE, it's late so haven't really got time to take any pics but wanted to give my first impression.

The lens is bigger than I expected, the build quality, zoom & focus ring are all excellent. It's not heavy, but compared to using the 35mm, using the 24-70mm starting to feel like a DSLR.

Colour is excellent, my 2 minutes lamp and bookshelves sharpness test shows that this maybe one of the sharpest Sony zoom I have tried, much sharper than the 16-70 Zeiss for the Nex. I feel it could even be on par with the 35mm prime.

Stabilisation is good, 1/60s shots that the cameras like so much are very sharp, and I even get a lot sharp shots 1/40s zoomed in to 70mm but I think this is as far as I can go. Maybe because the A7R is not so forgiving.

All in all, really an excellent glass but will have to see if the size keeps it from getting a lot of use from me.

taken at 24mm

zoomed to 70mm

handheld 1/40s

zilver's gear list:zilver's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony Alpha 7S Leica T
Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow