Shutter Shock: My ep5 is bad. Would an em5 do better?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Mr Sincere
Regular MemberPosts: 316Gear list
Like?
Re: I finally had to do it.
In reply to Jeff Tokayer, 6 months ago

All this talk about the E-P5 SS finally got to me. I decided to do my own test.

The camera was handheld. Used the EVF. Camera in M mode. Lens 45/1.8. Aperture at f2.8.

The subject (cereal boxes) were approximately 4' away. The images are 100% crops from the originals. EXIF should be intact. No PP other than cropping the original images.

Thanks Jeff, this was very interesting and helpful.  You obviously aren't seeing any issues at all, so it would seem to me that this could vary from camera to camera.  Pure conjecture, but it could come down to something as simple as a random bit of internal electronics not being fastened as tightly in some cameras.

If someone is lurking and considering the EP5, this should at least assure them that not all cameras have this issue.

I'd be tempted to try another EP5 myself, but I was on the fence between the EP5 and EM5 anyway.  If I have a better chance of not getting shutter shock with an EM5, that might tip me back in that direction.

(And I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses food labels for camera testing.)

Thanks again.

Mr Sincere's gear list:Mr Sincere's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 G1 X II Nikon D90 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow