Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,316
Like?
Re: EXR Confusion not fully resolved
In reply to Timur Born, 9 months ago

Timur Born wrote:

photoreddi wrote:

Yes, as I've been saying for ages, and as I've been telling you here in this thread. But that's not the only confusion or disagreement here, as I've just pointed out in my other reply that concludes with a mention of Trevor's "party trick" theory.

You should not just assume that your definition of "pixel" is the best/correct one. CMOS are after all "A-ctive P-ixel S-ensors".

Oh, look mum, it says "pixels" and it's directly from Fujifilm's own website?!

Yes, it's from Fujifilm's website, but I'm sure that you know that it's wrong. Who do you think created that? Fuji's engineers or someone in Fuji's marketing department, trying to keep from confusing potential customers that are familiar with megapixel sensors but wouldn't know what to make of megaphotosite sensors? The color filter arrays are also an artist's interpretation, not what the actual CFA layout looks like. Rotating the middle CFA does NOT produce the CFA on the right.

It's abundantly clear by now that you're not interested in having a reasoned argument that gets to any truths. You're just out to try to score debating points, so don't expect me to waste any more time with you here.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow