Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,401
Like?
Re: EXR Confusion not fully resolved
In reply to Timur Born, 9 months ago

Timur Born wrote:

photoreddi wrote:

I've seen that control before but not here. Do you see it here?

It's not available for the ISO measurement. Look at SN 18% and DR measurements and you will see the control.

I don't work that way and neither should you. It's disrespectful to turn getting to the information into a treasure hunt.

Additionally, when you get there you see that it doesn't provide resolution information at all. Whether you choose Screen (measurement values derived from 100% magnification on a computer screen) or Print (graph derived from a RAW image after a normalization step that transforms all images, regardless of original resolution, to an 8Mpix image...), the two chart axes are dB and measured ISO. Now it's starting to become clear why you were so obscure. This does NOT produce resolution measurements and you must have known that all along.

Wow. You're still not acknowledging the use of different exposures by the two sensor halves in EXR DR photos.

That's because I took it as a given basis for our discussion. Yes, in EXR DR half of the sensor is exposed 1 (DR200) or 2 (DR400) stops shorter (in time) than the other half. Read my age old user article "Summary of Fujifilm X10's functions and issues" to get an idea of my understanding (partly out-dated, but the basics of what you wanted me to write out are all in there).

Neither I nor anyone else needs to read your age old article. What you wrote in this thread is what is under discussion, and what you wrote here remains incorrect. In this instance we were both talking about resolution, not DR, not dB and not ISO.

I wrote this in another thread: If "highlight protection" is what you care for then properly expose for the highlights. Most people on here seem to equate "highlight protection" with "dynamic range", but they are not the same.

I've written the same, so why this diversion that doesn't add anything useful to the discussion?

Do you really not understand this after so much time has passed? I guess that you and Trevor both subscribe to the "party trick" theory after all.

You seem to associate my arguments too much with what you perceive as Trevor's view on things. Since I don't want to repeat all what I have written in the past just to give you a better idea of my understanding of EXR it may be best to read that old article and search for some old posts or just ask me specific questions where confusion arises. At least that's better than putting statements in my mouth that I did not make.

The statements that came out of your mouth in this thread is where the problems arise. Nothing that you've written in the past changes or excuses what you've written in this thread. Your smiley/emoticon is not amusing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow