ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FtoDin5min
Regular MemberPosts: 401Gear list
Like?
D800 - What raw conversion software?
7 months ago

Hi,

I shoot with D800, RAW only as I am really not a fan of OOC jpegs. I own Nikon Capture NX as well as Lightroom/Photoshop. I shoot only for pleasure/family so I do not have huge volumes. I pretty much only use LR and once in a while Photoshop when and if needed. Capture NX was dismissed a while ago as too slow and not convenient.

Recently I discovered Capture One Pro 7 by coincidence. After a little adaptation, I find it fast, convenient for batches (at least as convenient as LR) but MOST IMPORTANTLY I find the RAW conversion literally blows that of LR with no effort, the colors are so much better immediately (and I have my a few D800 profiles in LR that I either bought or developed).

I am really struggling to find any disadvantage of using Capture One only but I am new to it and not a pro. I may be wrong but it seems obvious to me that LR is much more widespread here than Capture One so I am wondering what I am missing and a few questions come to my mind:

- for those of you who know both softwares and own a D800, do you agree with my conclusions?

- what am I missing in LR that would make it obviously much better to use?

- do you agree with my conclusion about the raw conversion of Capture One vs LR for D800?

Thanks,

FTD5

-- hide signature --

FTD5

FtoDin5min's gear list:FtoDin5min's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended +5 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow