Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Ron Joiner
Contributing MemberPosts: 866Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic G6
In reply to WD, 9 months ago

WD wrote:

tgutgu wrote:

I did not buy it, because of the disappointing view finder, which lacks detail resolution, despite its specs.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

I purchased the G6 with two kit lenses. The lenses are very, very good. The camera has superb ergonomics. It can be configured in infinite ways to the way you, personally, want it. Many other comments in this thread enumerate its many attributes and great price vs overall value.

Yes, the view finder is of somewhat lower resolution than some others. So? Personally, I see my subject, determine the point on which to focus, and press the shutter button. I fail to see how even double the resolution would improve things for me. Compared to the OVF in my D300, I'll take this EVF every time without hesitation. YMMV.

Seriously, was that the over-riding flaw in the camera which destroyed its usefulness?

-- hide signature --

Warren

I have the VF2 on my EPL-5 and have always been very pleased with it. Though I don't have the G6 just yet I expect the results for the VF on the G6 to be very similar.

Ron

Ron Joiner's gear list:Ron Joiner's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow