Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,822
Like?
My thoughts on the new HD Pentax DA 1.4X AW
7 months ago

Hi folks,

Call me a doubting Thomas.

I have been looking at the image of the new HD Pentax DA 1.4X AW teleconverter and comparing it with the Tamron-F 1.4X Pz_AF teleconverter. Everything looks identical to me.

If there are no electronics inside that HD Pentax DA 1.4X AW teleconverter, and if the contacts go straight through, then I cannot imagine that it would focus the SDM lenses any better than the Tamron-F 1.4X Pz_AF teleconverter. It would also not give the corrected aperture and focal length to the camera. Therefore the only advantage of the Pentax would be HD and AW, and the fact that at least there will be a teleconverter available now.

Personally I think we are being sold a bunch of BS with this teleconverter. I have changed my mind and won't become an early adopter until and if it can be verified that it works properly with a DA*300/4 lens without having to half-press the shutter button as many as four times to get focus lock and the corrected aperture and focal length is passed to the camera.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow