Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stromaroma
Senior MemberPosts: 1,080Gear list
Like?
What do you use for post-processing?
8 months ago

I have been a Nikon shooter for many years but now feel like switching over to a mirrorless system for the shorter and normal focal lengths. I'll keep my V1's which go well with my 300 f/4 AF-S for wildlife.

My issue is I do lots of bike touring and my cameras cannot be large; size is a huge issue for me. And because of dust I cannot change lenses on the fly. So I basically need to carry 3 complete camera/lens systems with me, to tackle any shooting opportunity I find.

The Nikon 1 system has stagnated; I don't know what they were (weren't) thinking with that. Nikon had such an opportunity and just blew it.

This new Fuji X-T1 really interests me. A couple questions: I have always shot raw and only used Nikon Capture NX2 for PP. I want to continue shooting raw in Fuji so what software do you use? I have never used Photoshop and don't look forward to learning a new program. Plus Thom Hogan suggests there are lots of irritating licensing issues with Adobe right now.

Also, I hear that the Fuji lenses have lots of corrections that need to be done afterwards (barrel distortion etc.). Will these corrections be captured in the camera or will I need to get the PP to do it (with raw)?

-- hide signature --

http://markbc.net/
Nikon D300
Nikon D7000
Nikon V1 (2 of them)
Nikkor 70-300 VR
Nikkor 300 F/4 AF-S
Nikkor 1.4X TC
Nikkor 2.0X TC Version III
Nikkor 18-55 kit lens
Nikkor 18-105 kit lens
Nikkor 35 f/1.8
Sigma 10-20 older version
Canon 500D close up filter
Nikon SB 600 flash
Canon HF10 camcorder
Canon HF200 camcorder
Canon WP-V2 underwater housing for HF200
Three GoPro HD Hero video cameras
Okay, too much stuff, yes I know I need to whittle it down a bit.

stromaroma's gear list:stromaroma's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +1 more
Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D300 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow