canon 70D focus problem

Started Jan 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Regular MemberPosts: 292Gear list
canon 70D focus problem
Jan 26, 2014

I have a problem focusing with three primes so far: I bought the 50mm 1.4 and thought it's defective, so returned it and bought the 50mm 1.8, and again thought it's defective, and this one is the last one.

The 2 images are examples: the first one via the optical view finder, and the second one via the live view on screen.

It gives an impression about what I meen.

I have the 18-135mm kit lens, and I barely can appreciate any difference in the sharpness of the pictures taken with the optical VF or in live view.

Does that mean the camera is defective?

I tried fine adjusting the focus, from -20 to +20 and there was no difference. All pictures taken with the 1.8 lenses are blurry.

If the subject is very close, let say 4 feet, the pictures are sharp, but further than this, the pictures are blurry.

Shall I return the camera?

loph's gear list:loph's gear list
Sony a6000 Samsung NX1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +4 more
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow