Shutter Shock: My ep5 is bad. Would an em5 do better?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Mr Sincere
Regular MemberPosts: 316Gear list
Like?
Re: Shutter Shock: My ep5 is bad. Would an em5 do better?
In reply to Michael Kilpatrick, 10 months ago

Michael Kilpatrick wrote:

I have used three EM5 bodies - one that I have had for 18 months, two that I bought as backups for holiday trips 12 months apart, then sold after the trip.

After taking thousands of shots with those bodies, I haven't really had an issue with shutter shock, except that with my 100-300, I can go a bit lower in hand held shutter speed, or on a monopod, with 1/8 sec anti-shock engaged. That's kind of to be expected, although the delay is a nuisance sometimes.

I haven't noticed any shutter shock type blurring with any other lens on those EM5 bodies, at any shutter speed - other lenses I have are the 45 mm 1.8, the 12-50 kit lens and the 9-18 ultra wide.

On the other hand, I returned two EM1 bodies in October that were completely unable to produce a sharp image at 1/250 sec with my 9-18, hand held. The problem was verified by the sales guy, who eventually offered a refund, which I accepted. That's a long story that isn't relevant to your question though.

In answer to your question, I expect an EM5 would be better, based on the three that I have used.

Thank you, exactly the sort of feedback I was hoping to hear.

I really don't expect I'd ever go much longer than 45mm, so I'm not worried about longer focal lengths, like you mention you had issues with.

I may pick up an em5 and give it a shot.

Thanks again.

Mr Sincere's gear list:Mr Sincere's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon PowerShot G1 X II Nikon D90 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow