Why Scott Kelby really switched to Canon

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Cailean Gallimore
Senior MemberPosts: 6,082
Like?
Re: Why Scott Kelby really switched to Canon
In reply to photomagic711, 8 months ago

photomagic711 wrote:

Very Simple, Scott Kelby is a great photographer and guru of photoshop. Over the years he consistently has become a mentor to professional photographers. Include with that aspiring professionals as well.

Nikon no longer cares about professional photographers. They are more consumer oriented with the countless upgrades to consumer models d3100, d3200, d5100, d5200 etc. that is the market they are going after. Even the Nikon Df is for consumers, it doesn't even have dual slot cards!

Just attended PPA imaging expo in Phoenix. Nikon had so presence there whatsoever!! Canon on the other hand had a tremendous exhibit booth with lectures etc.. offered complimentary sensor cleaning.

Canon even has a Canon Professional Services division that anyone can join. yes there is a fee but anyone can join. Nikon has NPS but one has to got though a tremendous lengthy process to join this elite group.

So doesn't it make sense for Kelby to join forces with a company that supports professionals?

The consumer buys a d5200 and he's good for 5-7 years. A pro buys a new item(lens, flash, new camera body,) at least one per year.

In the long run there will be more pros using Canon than Nikon. I will remain a Nikon shooter as all my lenses are Nikon and I am very pleased with my D4 and D3s.

They are both great cameras and Scott Kelby is doing what's best for Scott Kelby and there is nothing wrong with that. He is partnering up with a company that is professionaL photographer based.

Kudos to the Canon team for soliciting him. mark my words within the next 12-18 months Scott Kelby will become a canon explorer of light just like Joe Buissink did.

Nikon's main focus is no longer on the pro market. Yes they will continue to make pro bodies, who knows maybe one day they may develop a respectable replacement for the D700.

As far is which is better? As ansel Adams once said "the best camera is the one thats in your hands"

Good Shooting

Scott Kelby does not make my world any darker or lighter, and he doesn't have any impact on the egg-laying capacity of my hens.

That means he can shoot with whatever he likes, without me or my hens being affected.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow