The a7 Review

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Gary Eickmeier
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,433
Like?
Re: Don't do it, Gary
In reply to Ralf B, 3 months ago

Ralf B wrote:

Gary, you have been warned. Don't touch the A7.

Cheers,
Ralf

Well as I say, I have handled the a7 but they didn't have the a7r yet, which I thought would be the IQ queen of the May.

My IQ remark on the a77 had no reference to DXO's rating system, just the success that I have had with it. Looking at my 13 x 19 prints I just can't see anything that could be improved about the images. Haven't taken them up to poster size yet, but the sharpness, color, grain, everything I see in my prints with the 18 - 135 lens mounted, manual exposure and focus, tripod, IBIS off, doing everything necessary to get the sharpest prints, results are superb. That was the church interior shots that I posted once upon a time. Also applies to my fireworks shots that I posted, where I set up on a bridge overlooking the fireworks and did as many 8 to 10 second time exposures as possible while the fireworks painted their light streaks across my frame just so sharp.

Possibly a medium format 50 mp $50,000 camera could do better at billboard size, but how big do we need to go here? I have owned medium format film cameras but nothing I have ever had compares to this a77. If the a7r is noticeably better in IQ then I would be fascinated. I could use a little better AF than the a77, and the new flash mount looks interesting.

Pixel Peepers unite!

-- hide signature --

Gary Eickmeier

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow