Silver Falls - DA 20-40

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
mlkind
Forum MemberPosts: 70Gear list
Like?
Re: Silver Falls - DA 20-40
In reply to klimbkat, 10 months ago

I have really been thinking hard about this lens, as I don't have any weather proof lenses for my k5ii.  I am thinking it will be great for backpacking, mt. biking, etc.  I already have the 31ltd , 15 ltd, and the 77ltd.  What I am thinking is leave the 31 home for "nice weather" photography, but then take my 15 and 20-40  and 77 when I mt. bike and backpack.  Is it true that it is about the same size as the 31?  I have a click elite chest pack that fits the k5ii and 31 nicely, so if the 20-40 is the same size that could go in the pack and then I could put the 15 in one jersey pocket with the 77 in the other and have a middle back jersey pocket for snacks and a bit of extra clothing.  IF the weather was bad I just wouldn't take the 15 and the 77 out and just use the 20-40.  Small,  compact mt. bike riding/landscape photography, pocketable set up.  thoughts?, from someone who is into the outdoors?  Any other lens ideas?

mlkind's gear list:mlkind's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow