ormdig
Contributing MemberPosts: 743Gear list
Like?
Re: D800/e users...
In reply to Al Downie, 11 months ago

Al Downie wrote:

TOF guy wrote:

GodSpeaks wrote:

If you want a snapshot camera, buy a point and shoot.

And if the O/P wants a versatile camera for more sophisticated photography and occasionally be used as a point and shoot the D800e can certainly do all of that.

Thank you for that! I didn't want to bore anyone, but I was a professional photographer for 10yrs, and have ben an enthusiastic amateur for another 25yrs since a career change into IT. My photographic interests include landscapes, portraits, wildlife, travel, and now that I have a toddler running about at home, I'd like to record his growing up too - all on the best single camera I can afford. The D800 seems like the best fit for most of my requirements, but I need to make sure it's also useful for 'snatch and grab' shots, indoors, in available light.

Hi Al, snatch and grab, indoors, in available light? Oh yeah. I can't think of a better all around camera, period. The IQ is addictive though and the big files and DR make pulling shadows and keeping detail and color a dream. Go for it.

-- hide signature --

Pete

ormdig's gear list:ormdig's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow