Toshiba Flashair SD card + K5 = groundbreaking connectedness(for me)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
citrontokyo
Contributing MemberPosts: 772Gear list
Like?
Toshiba Flashair SD card + K5 = groundbreaking connectedness(for me)
9 months ago

k5+ Toshiba Flashair sd wifi card + FA43mm @f1.9 + Google plus photos app or Flickr app.

Here are two experimental shots with the above listed combination. Initially I was suspicious about how the Flashair would work, but it has been so easy to use, it could change how I use my camera altogether.

1. I shot these in Raw on my k5 and processed to jpeg (natural setting)

2. I uploaded the jpegs to my smartphone via the downloadable app. Very quick, very easy. Unlike Eyefi, you can choose which photos to download. The connection speed was very fast.

3. I uploaded to Google+, Flickr directly from my phone for sharing with family. The whole process took less than 2 minutes from Raw development to the cloud.

No Flu cards, no Eyefi compatibility worries.

My k5 is a fantastically "connected" camera now...I highly recommend this card to anyone with a smartphone and "older" digital camera.

citrontokyo's gear list:citrontokyo's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +4 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow