Another bad K-3, what is with this.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 21,053Gear list
Like?
Re: Another bad K-3, what is with this.
In reply to jackdan, 11 months ago

jackdan wrote:

The battery focus test seems to have fallen out of favor. The current favorite test is the vertical surface plus angled ruler. It could be I don't know all the reasons the battery test is generally considered to be a poor test, but it seems perfectly fine to me if the operator ensures the camera cannot focus on anything but the target battery and you have done that.

There is nothing wrong wit the battery test, except maybe that the batteries are not flat.

I assume the main reason for the flat surface plus tilted ruler is more used is that you get a kind of measurement on how far from focus you are.

But, there is an even easier test if you have LiveView, one that do not involve taking any photos at all.

1. Focus at something flat, using LiveView.
  2. Switch to normal view and focus again. Observe how much the lens is moving.
  3. Redo, 1 and 2 for several compensation settings, write down the result.
  4. Looking at the result, choose the settong you think is best.
 Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow