Starting a business specializing in portraiture

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Graham Snook
Senior MemberPosts: 1,740Gear list
Like?
Re: Let's create a Semi-Pro Forum
In reply to Joe Pa, 7 months ago

Joe Pa wrote:

I've never been sued, no one I know has ever been sued, but many on here will still make it seem like this is a major threat, reality is it's not likely to happen but you should be prepared in case it does.

I was hit by a 42ft boat travelling at 30 odd miles per hour, I'd performed my job incident free for 11 years previously.

The driver of the boat that hit me was uninsured.

For over two years the driver of the boat had the possibly of a court case hanging over them.

For two years the driver had the possibility of stumping up for the total loss of one motor boat and a personal injury claim from me. I still have back trouble associated with the incident.

My damages we small fry compared to the legal bills at the end of it.

Accidents can and do happen.

I'm currently pursuing a claim from someone who drove into a van, that drove into the back of me. I lost out on thousands of pounds worth of work from an accident where I had no blame.

Insurance is expensive if you never need it, but priceless when you do.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Always give the client a vertical-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Blog/news/tips from a professional yachting photographer http://grahamsnook.com/news

Graham Snook's gear list:Graham Snook's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow