If you had a 50 Lux ASPH, which lens would you buy as a 2nd lens ?

Started Sep 25, 2013 | Polls thread
Toccata47
Senior MemberPosts: 2,209
Like?
Re: agree with Bo: 28 Summicron ASPH a great option
In reply to Artichoke, 10 months ago

Artichoke wrote:

Toccata47 wrote:

It's interesting to see how much personal taste impacts our choices. I shoot 28mm and 21mm more than any other focal lengths currently and I would absolutely love to use the 28 summicron. Unfortunately, it's just doesn't work for me. More so than any other leica lens I've used in the last 20 years. I just haven't been able to find a way to get anything from it that didn't look flat and dead.

Again, personal taste at play. Your photo reinforces my opinion but I'm glad you like the lens. It's a great focal length and sterling work has been done with it for a very long time.

On another note-that looks like capoeira angola..is it? I played with a group in the bay area for years and miss it now terribly but there are no group locally, sadly.

the 28 Cron ASPH is a long time favorite of mine & hardly flat or dead in its rendering

link to much larger version at end of post

it is one of Leica's best lenses by most accounts & mates well with my M9

it is also quite small (the lens hood is not aesthetically pleasing for some, but mine is so beaten that it has character and it is effective)

Leica has not upgraded this lens for some time & I think it will be a tough act for them to follow

if size isn't a consideration, the CV 35 Nokton f1.2 is a stellar performer at a classic focal length that gives you great speed at a bargain price without compromise in IQ

one of the joys of M photography are all the great options available to this platform

to see this image's pop & life better, follow this link ------> performances, parades & festivals Pbase which is to gallery in which you will find a much larger version along with shooting information & many other shots using this sweet lens

-- hide signature --

pbase & dpreview supporter
DPR forum member since 5/2001
my PBase Galleries
"Avoid making a commotion, just as you wouldn’t stir up the water before fishing. Don’t use a flash out of respect for the natural lighting, even when there isn’t any. If these rules aren’t followed, the photographer becomes unbearably obtrusive" -- attributed to HCB

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow