D800/e users...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
3sgilbert
Senior MemberPosts: 1,036Gear list
Like?
Re: D800/e users...
In reply to michaeladawson, 6 months ago

I have the 800e and 7100...( after seeing now problems with the 7100 not having the AA filter why not go with the E? I got a smoking deal anyway )...

Its funny you asked this because lately I have been amused that I shoot a portrait of a bride with a 36mp D800e using pretty good glass ( the new Tamron VC line ) and my wife promptly runs it through a process to remove all detail ( minus eyes ) in face

I love the camera but the DX mode is right at useless if your doing it to get the 6fps, trying to shoot tight action and keep it within the penalty box shot as basketball shot tightly it an exercise in self mutilation.....1.2 is MUCH more usable...IMHO the damn camera would be perfect if they had squeezed 6fps out of it and kept its raw buffer...absolutely perfect....so many situations when 4fps just doesnt get it done BUT the AF is NOT remotely the bottle neck and for most action neither is the frame rate...its when you have to worry about wing phasing or driving to the basket sequences where the perfect shot is mathematically less possible to capture.....I still say if I could only have one camera this would be it...that said

The d610 will probably do all you need it to and is itself a good compromise of Resolution, High ISO, and Speed ( 6fps ) if IT was in the larger d800 chassis I would buy it in a heart beat and sell my d800 then use my 7100 for ultimate reach in good light...

-- hide signature --

Shawn

3sgilbert's gear list:3sgilbert's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow