D800/e users...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,852Gear list
Like?
Re: D800/e users...
In reply to Al Downie, 11 months ago

Al Downie wrote:

If you're anything other than an exclusively landscape photographer, do you find the extra megapixels a blessing or a curse? Is the camera versatile enough to take good family photos (I have a very mobile 3yr old at home!) as well as portraits, sports etc?

If you had the choice again, would you still choose D800 over the D610?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Al

I do landscape, I do cityscapes, I do street photography, I do available light photography. I shoot training and racing thoroughbreds.   If I am not shooting film I shoot a D800E.  The only time I shoot film these days is with my 4x5.  Is the D800E the best for all the above - maybe yes maybe no but it is good enough that I can make it work quite well and it is very good.  I might one day drop 8 to 10 K to get a Leica to supplement my D800E but right now I'm quite happy which is why I haven't dropped 8 to 10 K.

If you want to drop 3K for a camera - the D800 or D800E will work fine for you.  It will probably do all you need it to do.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow