*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.01.25 ***

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,010Gear list
Like?
Re: Trying stuff
In reply to Wormsmeat, 6 months ago

Wormsmeat wrote:

#1 Yes - the star of the scene is the building at the back but there's a nasty office block fighting for attention. What's good is the exposure, light, colour and sharpness. A good attempt.

I really, really, appreciate this feedback Wormsmeat. Thank you!

#2 good shot, nothing wrong there - one isn't left thinking "Why did the photographer choose to take a picture of this scene?".

Good to know it is acceptable. I knew it wasn't my best.

#3 shot through the window of a moving car?

Actually, a reflection of the building in photo one in the window of an office building before sun down.

#4 good to try to guess what it is.

A super zoom shot of the fountain in photo 5, only taken before dark. There is a building in the distance through the water.

#5 has impact but composition could be better, no single element to concentrate on - instead I'm drawn to the drain (?) on the bottom left.

Fantastic feedback! That helps me a lot.

#6 and 7, worth trying but not for me, no real subject matter.

More good feedback.

#8 is a fine, vibrant shot, I like it a lot. Because it has a subject that fills the frame. The floodlit garage can easily be de-emphasised by decreasing exposure in that area for example.

I tried cloning it out but it looked to hokey. You made a good suggestion, I hadn't thought of that.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MauiNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow