Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,293Gear list
Like?
G1X does UWA and Steam.
6 months ago

I've been meaning to test my Siocore UWA adaptor (equiv of 18mm in FF terms) for the G1X for some time but the weather and opportunity has evaded me. In the end I picked the GWR Railway museum nearby that would suit a decent test and took some shots. I'm very pleased with the lens, it performs really well with no noticeable loss of quality and no light loss. I also stress tested the G1X raw files with some ISO 800 shots which have been heavily processed, again, I'm delighted with the results I was able to obtain, not far off my 5D2. You'd need a decent DSLR and some very expensive glass to get similar results to this combination of an 18mm F2.8 lens that is stabilised and this sharp wide open. Some of the shots are slightly cropped and two are without the adaptor (the first and the clock). I used a lightweight monopod on most of the shots though I'm not sure I needed it, just a bit of extra stability in case. I recommend viewing at larger sizes as the page views mangle the quality.

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow