D800 Autofocus issues II

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 23,096
Like?
Re: D800 Autofocus issues II
In reply to primeshooter, 9 months ago

primeshooter wrote:

150 threads and still people chiming in. olyflyer, I need to respond to what you have been saying but the thread is maxed so here I go. Listen, at the end of the day your posts say you don't have the issue. I am very glad. I wish I were one of the lucky ones. However, doesn't mean it is very real for many of us. Simply far too much smoke and noise about this issue for it to only exist on a couple of cameras. Most just don't know about it due to not having f/1.4 glass, using it at f/4 or using it in only great contrasty light all of the time. *For more info see first thread.

Here is your last post.

...and you were saying:

primeshooter wrote:

Excuses excuses, do you actually own this camera with several 1.4 primes? Be honest...and do you shoot it wide open in a variety of lights? TBH this is a bad example, as it's awful light. It happens to me in much better light than that, it misses by a mile sometimes too.

I didn't know you started a new thread, so I sent you a PM. Here is it for everyone to see:

You think I am a liar? Geeez...

Yes, I have f1.4 lens, one lens not several, just like you. I have the 50/1.4G, you have the 85/1.4. I also have the 60/2.8G and the 105/2.8G, as well as the 24-120/4 and the 70-300GVR. My camera focuses just fine wide open with any of those lenses as long as I am not using the AF assist of the SB-900. This is no secret. My camera, together with the SB-900, is currently at Nikon for the AF issue concerning the SB-900. Yes, I shoot in different light wide open and no, I don't have any issues, but I also know what to expect from the camera and how to use it and also how to test it. Many of these people on DPR have no clue about how to test the AF and what is and what is not an AF issue, and we (you and I and everyone else) have most often no clue about anyone else capabilities or camera settings. The "test" I commented was a typical pointless test, without knowing how well the poster can handle the camera, and based on his "test" it is obvious that he can't really handle it if he expects perfect focus in that situation.

Anyway, please stop the insults. Just because you have AF issues doesn't mean that everyone who is not having is a liar.

Additionally, I can only agree with Leonard. Post a picture demonstrating your problems. It makes the discussion much easier.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow