Flat view
Axel Vercauteren
Forum MemberPosts: 81
Like?
EXR Confusion not fully resolved
6 months ago

Elyharbour wrote:

alexisgreat wrote:

The moral of this story is that if you really want hardware EXR highlight protection you must manually select ISO 100 or 200 at M size DR 200 or 400. DO NOT USE AUTO ISO or you will get the same kind of highlight protection that L size uses, regardless of the ISO selected by the camera. Since AUTO ISO is not selectable in M mode, this conflict never happens.

It seems nobody has reacted to this statement (or have I missed it?). This is very important, as I suspect many of us have Auto ISO selected on the assumption that when low ISOs are chosen through Auto, EXR hardware DR is implemented in M size with DR400.

For shooting JPEG only Kim Letkeman recommends Auto ISO. This would be rather pointless if hardware EXR is not involved, which I can't imagine to be true but you never know with EXR, do you? Perhaps Kim or another expert can shed some light on this.

Is Alex right? Could Kim possibly be wrong? I suspect many of us would like to know.

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow