Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan Hudson
Regular MemberPosts: 285Gear list
Like?
Two Flawed and Smudged Brand New Nikon P7100 lens
11 months ago

Nikon owners, will it always be the case with the P7100 and maybe other or all Nikon's that the lens will be smudged and have an imperfection when it arrives new in the OEM box? Three P7100s later, (all ordered from WalMart within about 2 weeks) two have smudged and imperfect lens. I did not check the first so carefully, so it might also fall into this disappointing category. Number one did have a playback mode problem so it went back too. The two P7100s with lens flaws have something embedded in the lens, one a piece of dust and the other a speck. Both well under the lens surface. At an out the door cost of over $400, I expect better. Is it the every time case that Nikon lens will have flaws and smudges. I have gotten rid of the smudge, but can't do much about the flaw. I am tempted to keep the 3rd P7100, still am in limbo about that. I have not noticed any evidence of the flaw in the images, but there is another consideration that bothers me.....when time comes to sell this camera, I will feel obligated to disclose the flaw, which would surely kill the sale. Is there no P7100 with a perfect lens as determined by a magnified view under cross lighting? Is it just the batch that WalMart has or could I get a better one from Amazon? Thanks for your help in solving this problem.....Dan

-- hide signature --

Christian Amateur Photographer

Dan Hudson's gear list:Dan Hudson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P7700 Canon PowerShot S110
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix P7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow