Starting a business specializing in portraiture

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
PenguinPhotoCo
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,056Gear list
Like?
Re: Starting a business specializing in portraiture
In reply to spytrek007, 9 months ago

spytrek007 wrote:

Or what if the model injures or scars themselves over some other obstacle due to carelessness and not my equipment then who is liable? Or if i ask them to stand on a dumpster and they trip and fall and have 20 stitches?

If you direct their activity YOU will be held responsible. "I wouldn't have normally done that, but the photographer told me it would be OK"
And you are a BUSINESS, right? A professional? Nobody knows if you are rich and rich can be or on the verge of bankruptcy - but they'll come after you to pay.

Also, say you're driving with the model and have a car accident. Odds are it will come out you were 'working'. Using your car for business purposes. Most car insurance won't cover that use so you may be stuck paying out of your own pocket.

Insurance is a necessary evil, aks CODB  - cost of doing business. Like backup gear - you have it just in case, but have no plan to use it.

-- hide signature --

Don't seek advice from someone who is not where you want to be - CJ Lewis
My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value

PenguinPhotoCo's gear list:PenguinPhotoCo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow