Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
tcg550
Contributing MemberPosts: 936
Like?
Re: Stop making things up
In reply to PenguinPhotoCo, 11 months ago

PenguinPhotoCo wrote:

tcg550 wrote:

And we've gone over this before. Profit doesn't always mean cash especially when just starting out.

Like JoePa you seem to have your own definition of words...

Profit:

financial gain, esp. the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something.

obtain a financial advantage or benefit, esp. from an investment.

If I get something in return for a service I offer and that thing has value. It is a financial gain.

If I trade for something that otherwise would cost me money and I don't have to spend that money the money I don't spend on that thing is financial gain.

Why is that so hard to understand?

I'm about to do some photo work for a trade show for an industry that benefits my main business. I will probablly trade something in return. What ever value that trade has is a financial gain to me.

We have some bad snow lately where I live. I needed a plow truck to dig out a relative. A company I do business with owns some trucks. I traded some graphic layout in exchange for the use of a truck.

I did not have to rent a truck. The money I did not spend is financial gain. What a truck rental would cost more than covered the hour I spent laying out the graphics.

Financial gain. Get it? Probably not.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow