Starting a business specializing in portraiture

Started Jan 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 1,303
Re: Stop making things up
In reply to PenguinPhotoCo, Jan 25, 2014

PenguinPhotoCo wrote:

tcg550 wrote:

And we've gone over this before. Profit doesn't always mean cash especially when just starting out.

Like JoePa you seem to have your own definition of words...

financial gain, esp. the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something.

obtain a financial advantage or benefit, esp. from an investment.

If I get something in return for a service I offer and that thing has value. It is a financial gain.

If I trade for something that otherwise would cost me money and I don't have to spend that money the money I don't spend on that thing is financial gain.

Why is that so hard to understand?

I'm about to do some photo work for a trade show for an industry that benefits my main business. I will probablly trade something in return. What ever value that trade has is a financial gain to me.

We have some bad snow lately where I live. I needed a plow truck to dig out a relative. A company I do business with owns some trucks. I traded some graphic layout in exchange for the use of a truck.

I did not have to rent a truck. The money I did not spend is financial gain. What a truck rental would cost more than covered the hour I spent laying out the graphics.

Financial gain. Get it? Probably not.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow