Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
tcg550
Contributing MemberPosts: 936
Like?
Re: Starting a business specializing in portraiture
In reply to spytrek007, 11 months ago

spytrek007 wrote:

Graham Snook wrote:

Look up you local council website, there may well be a section about parks and permissions required. Now you could wing it, but when the parky come chasing after you and your client it doesn't look very professional.

My question is now when i go to the park, I see a number of photographers standing around with tripods and big lenses shooting wildlife. In this case, how can you draw the line on who is a professional and who is an amateur? And main thing is these people obviously do not have any permission yet they shoot freely.

Now taking this situation to shooting models or real people, how can the park authorities say that i am a professional or an amateur? And in this when shooting real people, why is permission required and not when shooting local wildlife?

Have you asked them? Seems like they would be a great source of information on that issue. Some of them may not want to talk but I'll bet you a couple of them could talk for hours and would love to talk shop.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow