Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,813Gear list
Re: good luck!
In reply to canonagain123, 9 months ago

canonagain123 wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

canonagain123 wrote:

carl english wrote:

did mention this on previous post, you could change ISO with film.

only if you process the film yourself. Good luck shooting ASA 400 film and changing to 3200 in the middle of the film and to 800 for the last 4 images and going to a lab (especially today) and telling them to cut the film in the middle and before the 4 last images and develop the second part 6 minutes longer and the last part for 2 minutes longer.

Portra 400......100 to 3200 on e same roll, no problem. So when you say good luck, is this just an opinion, or is it experience? I ask because when it comes to film on this forum, opinion runs high, and experience is virtually nil.

Good luck getting any store today to process it correctly is what I said if you read my other message... if you process it yourself it's no problem, like I said. Please read with more care.

The only way I know of processing different ASAs on the same roll is push/pull processing. As far as I know there's no other way. And if you're push processing then you develop like I said above because the pushed ASA pictures are underexposed which means they need to be developed longer to get the correct exposure.

Portra 400 with a 1 stop push results in great results from 400 to 3200 on the same roll. Many labs have no problem with this. I know about pushing film quite well thanks....been doing it for decades. Heres a link to two photographers who have tested it extensively. I have many other samples if you are interested.

You not knowing something doesn't mean many of us do.

http://www.twinlenslife.com/2010/12/in-bleak-midwinter-new-kodak-portra400.html

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
XP2New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow