ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JLR9
Regular MemberPosts: 305Gear list
Like?
Fuji bargains
6 months ago

Hi all,

now I really don't need any more cameras, according to my wife. BUT, the present Fuji deals are just too tempting.

I am an early adopter on several cameras so always pay top dollar, it is great to come in late and pick up a bargain and so I pulled the trigger on an XPro1 with two lenses and a Billingham Hadley Digital bag for £899.I thought I might as well add a grip to improve handling, looked at RRS but then plumped for an Arca compatible L bracket/grip on Ebay (Hong Kong) for £41.81 delivered ($69). Didn't expect too much but I have to say the handling is transformed. It is well made and a snug fit, much easier to mount on my tripod. Also added a Lensmate thumbrest, a very comfortable setup to use.

I must be on a roll, shopping in Tesco I rummaged in the bargain bin and found a brand new Fuji S4000, now I know it is not a serious photographic tool but with its 30x zoom and at £50 what could I do?

Now, my wife is unaware of of the XPro1 (I had it delivered when she went off for a weekend retreat with her friends, sneaky I know)  so I am on tenterhooks as to when the free lens will be delivered and how I can explain it if it arrives when she is at home.

Looking forward to getting out with the camera, just don't tell my wife..................

Johnnie

-- hide signature --

'A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.' - Ansel Adams

JLR9's gear list:JLR9's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD400 Sigma DP1 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 +18 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow