Another bad K-3, what is with this.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
kikivrany
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782
Like?
@ Nuffin
In reply to Nuffin, 9 months ago

Nuffin wrote:

My K3 is in service for backfocus issues. Kinda disappointed mine had this issue. I'm keen to see if the service department will blame it on the lens, the body, or me.

I spoke to a tech recently and he somewhat indicated that I wasn't testing my focus properly. We'll hello! If I focus on something (like batteries lined up at 45 degree angle) and get a focus indicator on the middle, if I take a shot (even with a tripod and on timer) why is it back focusing?

Hello Nuffin

You may have simple a backfocus issues. On the other hand I would check if this backfocus also happens if the test pictures are made with the lens full open, else that what you see can be (depending on the lens)  a focus shift of the lens.

For example, my FA 50 f1.4 do have a focus shift behaviour. That mean the camera do nail the focus, but the camera set the focus @ f1.4, so that when the lens is set to (for example ) f 2.8 my test picture show a backfocus...do to the focus shift behaviour of the lens.

best regards kikivrany

-- hide signature --

carpe noctem

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow