Thinking of switching: what is BAD about the XE1?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
vkphoto
Senior MemberPosts: 1,568
Like?
Re: Thinking of switching: what is BAD about the XE1?
In reply to WT21, 6 months ago

WT21 wrote:

So I'm thinking of the XE1 + XM1 (or maybe an XA1) to start.

I suggest to start with one camera, to see if you like Fuji's operation and more important image output (XE1/XM1 are x-trans based and XA1 has Bayer CFA sensor)

I'd get the 2.8-4 kit lens, the 35/1.4 and the 55-200 zoom, and would like to use some legacy lenses (I have an FD 50mm macro and a Rokkor 45/2 which I like a lot. I might also possibly get the 23 pancake.

Same here, start with 18-55 (excellent zoom) and go from there. Unless you can save on the bundle you can always add the lens you need later.

Besides the development issues of XTran RAW on lightroom, what are the negatives of the XE1?

No issues with Lightroom/XA1. Some of us prefer other raw converters for x-trans raw files (XE1/XM1). Start with what you already have or with supplied Fuji's RFC and in-camera converter (they do pretty good job) and see if you need something else.

BTW, OOC jpegs are excellent.

Does it do focus peaking? In the viewfinder? to use with my legacy lenses?

FP works pretty well, but not as good as NEX implementation. Still no colour choices, just white. 100S and XE2 have digital split screen.

Does the XE1 simulate exposure in the viewfinder? Does the XM1 or XA1 simulate it on the LCD?

I understand the AF has improved. But could I use the 50-200 for some kids events? Horse riding in a ring? School spirit days?

Are there any flash issues with the Fuji system?

Any other issues/thoughts??

Thanks for any help.

just my 2 cents.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow