Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,654Gear list
Like?
Not the same!
In reply to bvphotos, 7 months ago

bvphotos wrote:

ScarletVarlet wrote:

Picked up a Zenitar 16mm f2.8 and it's quite impressive for what it does. A bit fiddly with a sticky aperture ring, but for the first few images around a car dealership, while the oil was being changed in the tin box on wheels, have remarkably low aberration for a sub $200 lens.

The Zenitar was on my radar, but I knocked it off after reading Ken Rockwell's review of it.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/zenit/zenitar-16mm.htm

Looks like your experience with it doesn't match his.

KR was reviewing this lens on a Nikon body, and some of his difficulties appear to have been Nikon-specific.

On the original topic, I have use a Novoflex EOS/NIK adapter to successfully shoot with Nikon F-mount lenses on Canon 7D and 5D bodies. After I acquired Nikon FM3A and F6 SLR bodies, I largely stopped, using the adapter, except occasionally with a Nikkor 100-300mm 5.6 AI-S, which is a nice macro lens for insects and spiders when a Nikkor 6T is screwed onto the objective end.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L lenses, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action. During personal time, I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Nikon D700 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow