This thread is locked.
Lightpath48
Senior MemberPosts: 2,033Gear list
Re: good luck!
In reply to Dave Luttmann, 7 months ago

Dave Luttmann wrote:

canonagain123 wrote:

carl english wrote:

did mention this on previous post, you could change ISO with film.

only if you process the film yourself. Good luck shooting ASA 400 film and changing to 3200 in the middle of the film and to 800 for the last 4 images and going to a lab (especially today) and telling them to cut the film in the middle and before the 4 last images and develop the second part 6 minutes longer and the last part for 2 minutes longer.

Portra 400......100 to 3200 on e same roll, no problem. So when you say good luck, is this just an opinion, or is it experience? I ask because when it comes to film on this forum, opinion runs high, and experience is virtually nil.

I'd like to see that enlarged, with three stops of underexposure at 3200. Pretty flat and grainy, is my guess. Later Kodak C-41 negative films relied on overlapping dye clouds to minimize grain. Underexposure largely eliminated that advantage.

Lightpath48's gear list:Lightpath48's gear list
Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
XP2New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow